- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, ground chicken or ground turkey or a mixture totaling one pound
- 2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 a box (about 8 ounces) whole wheat or multi-grain pasta, cooked for freezing
- 1 1/2 cups skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
To freeze, cover the pan with its lid or aluminum foil. Add a label with the cooking instructions.
Cooking instructions: thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
*The original recipe calls for the cheese first and the pepperoni on top. We have found the turkey pepperoni gets a bit too crispy this way. If you like your pepperoni extra crispy, feel free to put it on top of the cheese.